Last week I turned twenty two! Seeing the age on paper seems so adult and grown up but I’m beginning to realise it will be a long time before I feel like a bonafide adult (taxes??? health insurance?? real life jobs?????). I had a sweet birthday at one of my favourite little pub gardens… that turned a little messier later… and my boyfriend, Matt, took me to Amsterdam for the first time and it was more beautiful than I expected! I thought I would use this post to reflect on my year and highlight some hopes for the future!
Big events as a 21 year old:
- Moved to San Diego and interned for a California Senator
- Took my LSAT, applied, got accepted and chose a law school
- Finished my undergraduate studies (but still to graduate!)
- Started the year as a Kentucky resident and ended it back in Birmingham
- Matt moved to England to be with me
- Had new lovely housemates
- Visited San Diego, Florida, Greece, Croatia, Turkey, Argentina, Mexico, Chicago, Phoenix, Oakland, San Francisco and Amsterdam – some for the first time!
- Probably had the best body of my life + also been the saddest and most stressed I’ve ever been at times – it was definitely a rollercoaster
Five big events for my 22 year old self:
- Graduate from University of Birmingham
- Move to Phoenix, Arizona
- Start law school at Arizona State University
- Live by myself for the first time ever (before Matt joins me a few months later)
- Furnish my own house, pay health insurance, buy a car, pay car insurance, pay bills… basically be a real adult for the first time ever
The rest is pretty unknown so far but I’m excited to see what this year brings. Always new adventures.