Going to be honest that the photos I took on this trip were not the best and I actually didn’t take that many! I thought I would still share the things I did and ate!
This trip was my birthday gift from Matt and it was very sweet of him to take me somewhere I’d never been! It was a super hot weekend so the majority of what we did was just walk around and see the city. We didn’t go on a tour or to any museums as we probably would have done if we had more funds + time but I loved it the way we did it!
Food is a big part of my life… probably too much but I love trying new food when I am on trips. We stopped for breakfast (ok it was 1pm so really lunch) at a nice healthy food cafe called Blushing. It was cute and like a literal Pinterest board but the food was great! I loved the Goats Cheese + honey salad so much I made my boyfriend go twice… and then made it at home (also it was called Goats Busters hehehehe). I normally hate salad but it was a warm salad and literally amazing. I could eat it all the time.
- La Oliva – even the website is gorgeous $$$
- Assaggi – the pizza and burrata were great but I’m a sucker for anything with truffles
- Blushing – healthy breakfasts and lunch!
- Cafe Georgette – for breakfast. It’s in the middle of the high-end shopping area and feels very London-y. They do avo toast and lil pancakes and good eggs.
Things to do:
- Coffeeshops – the *special* kind, if that’s your thing. Prix d’Amis second floor is a nice place to chill and escape the crowds and the heat! Try the lemon cake 😉
- Just walk! – seriously the most underrated part of travelling is just walking around the area and feeling the vibes of the place – I’m all about vibes to the annoyance of my boyfriend. Seriously it’s the greatest feeling and Amsterdam is a great place to do that.
- Eat great food – obviously
- Drink some Heineken in the place it’s made!
There are sooooo many things we didn’t get to do and would love to do next time. If you have been let me know your favourite things + must see places!